Kelli practices energy law with an emphasis on regulatory matters in front of the Railroad Commission of Texas, oil and gas litigation and title work. She advises operators, landowners, and other energy clients in the regulatory, litigation and commercial transactions. Kelli earned her J.D. from the University of Houston Law Center and undergraduate degree from the University of Texas. Prior to joining McElroy, Sullivan, Miller & Weber, L.L.P., Kelli was an attorney at Thompson & Knight, LLP and the General Counsel’s Office of the Railroad Commission of Texas.
- First and second-chair responsibility in protested and unprotested hearings at the Railroad Commission, including saltwater disposal facilities, field rule amendments, well classification, Rule 37 disputes and gas flaring.
- First and second-chair responsibility in state and federal court litigation including royalty disputes and breach of contract cases.
- Successfully obtained multiple Statewide Rule 32 gas flaring permits through Railroad Commission hearing process.
- Represented multiple clients resulting in settlement or dismissal of Railroad Commission oil and gas enforcement actions and gas utilities dockets.
- Successfully obtained adoption or amendment of field rules, including provisions for horizontal development.
- Secretary, Oil, Gas and Mineral Law Section of the Austin Bar Association
- Member, Austin Young Lawyers Association
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Texas Railroad Commission Update and Enforcement Issues, Advanced Oil, Gas and Energy Resources Law Course, 2010