Mickey R. Olmstead practices Energy and Administrative law with an emphasis on regulatory matters before the Railroad Commission of Texas, and the leasing and pooling of State-owned lands at the Texas General Land Office. He advises operators, landowners, and other energy clients in regulatory, litigation, and commercial transactions.
Mickey graduated in Petroleum Engineering from Louisiana State University in 1983, and subsequently graduated from the Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University. Mickey is Board Certified in Oil, Gas and Mineral Law. Prior to joining McElroy, Sullivan, Miller & Weber, L.L.P. in 2000, Mickey served as a Hearings Examiner at the Railroad Commission and a Senior Attorney in the Energy Section at the Texas General Land Office.
Mickey is married to Donna Sharp Olmstead (1984). They have one son, Austin, who is an Eagle Scout.
- Chairman, Oil, Gas and Mineral Law Section of the Austin Bar Association, 2000-01
- State Bar of Texas, Oil, Gas and Energy Resources Law Section
- President of Westlake Rotary Club, 2017-18
- Past Sponsor of Capital Area Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Parishioner, St. John Neumann Catholic Church
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Drafting Production Sharing Agreements, 39th Annual Ernest E. Smith Oil, Gas & Mineral Law Institute, 2013
- PSA and Allocation Wells, Tulsa Association of Petroleum Landmen Spring Seminar, 2014