Mr. Hayenga specializes in Oil and Gas law. The majority of Mr. Hayenga’s practice consists of representing large to small oil companies, working interests, and mineral interest owners before the Railroad Commission of Texas and other government agencies, as well as select litigation cases. Mr. Hayenga also counsels and represents clients in business matters.
McElroy, Sullivan, Miller, Weber & Olmstead Law Clerk (2011 & 2012); Texas General Land Office Legal Intern (2011); State Attorney’s Office, Legal Extern, Eighth Judicial Circuit (2012); Fortune 500 Company Professional Management Experience (Prior to Law School); Above the Law “Law Student of the Day” (2012); State Bar of Texas Oil, Gas & Energy Resources Law Section; Austin Bar Association: Oil, Gas, & Mineral Law Section, Austin Young Lawyers Association; Member Texas Bar.
- Unitizing, leasing and pooling State Lands, permitting injection wells, and obtaining tax credits for anthropogenic CO2 flood
- Carbon capture sequestration
- Enhanced recovery operations
- State Land issues
- Obtaining tax credits for numerous waterfloods and CO2 floods across Texas
- Areal variance permit for injection wells
- Permitting injection wells for small and large enhanced recovery projects.
- Assisting oil companies and mineral interest owner’s negotiate mineral leases/development agreements.
- Protesting Rule 37 (spacing) applications
- Permitting Rule 37 (spacing) wells
- Assisting with surveying vacancy before the General Land Office
- Protesting commercial disposal wells at the Railroad Commission
- Permitting on-lease disposal wells for oil companies
- Participating in field rule hearings for many of the major fields in Texas.
- Obtaining flaring permits.
- Establishing field rules for new fields.
- Amending field rules for existing fields
- Litigation counsel for issues involving state regulation at the courthouse.
- Representing mineral interest owners protest unit dissolution.
- Representing solid waste disposal companies.
- Assisting in acquisition due diligence for packages in Texas.
- Performing retained acreage title opinions
- Representing operators in overproduction of allowable in maximum efficient rate (MER) hearings.
- Pipeline rate cases
- Production in paying quantities
- Royalty Disputes
- Lease interpretations and obligations